The Group Sales Specialist will handle in-bound and outbound telephone calls to and from travel partners for the purpose of creating new group business by creating contracts and bookings while providing pricing and availability. The Group Sales Specialist will also provide support on Group program policies and group booking issues via Group Support from the Group Service team and will respond to inquiries or direct these to the appropriate resource.
- Answer in-bound telephone calls from travel partners and provide general information regarding group products, policies, services, and promotions. Quote prices and availability including cross-selling and up-selling. Secure group contracts and bookings into contracts.
- Make outbound calls for the purpose of following up on open group contracts in order to meet production/conversion goals of the department.
- Build and maintain client relationships with travel partners in order to grow business with the group department, including cold calling and following up with past travel partner clients to create new groups.
- Clearly communicate group benefits such as group amenities and the tour conductor program. Answer general and specific questions regarding group contracts and bookings, product offerings, and policies. Proactively manage all aspects of inventory (stateroom, air, hotels, transfers, etc.) and collection of payments for group.
- Service existing bookings including making changes, entering payments and assisting travel partners with arranging guest preferences and requests as needed to maintain rapport with travel partner clients.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 1 year call center experience in the area of customer service and sales.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact with customers, employees, and management.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications with working knowledge of computerized reservations systems.
- Organizational skills and the ability to handle multi-tasking and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Availability to work varying shifts.
- Hourly plus progressive monthly bonus based on percentage of revenue.
Current Employee Requirements for Consideration
- The above knowledge/skill requirements must be met
- Employee in good standing (no current verbal or written disciplinary action)