Rare opportunity to join the VWT family working inside the New York City Headquarter office where you will be recognized and appreciated for your performance. If you are consistently challenging yourself to provide stellar customer service and unique experiences to your clients this may be the opportunity for you.
- Provide full-service leisure travel assistance for clients including air, hotel, resort, cruise, restaurant, tours, sightseeing, cars
- Check availability and process bookings on Sabre, handle client request from initial inquiry to client departure and follow up
- Offer multiple options for clients
- Trip research including destination, points of interest, regulations, etc.
- Email, fax and telephone requests and confirmations
- Follow up on last minute details, requests, changes
- Use preferred partner relationships for best availability, rate, and additional benefits to insure maximum access and highest service levels for clients
- Utilize VWT contracts and rate desk to balance rate/revenue for client and VWT
- Stay up to date through ongoing research on products and services through the use of the Internet, the VWT Intranet, Virtuoso.net, contact with sales representatives, industry publications, newspapers and other magazines
- Proficiency on Worldspan GDS a must
- Ability to work well under stress and with tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients, supervisors and co-workers both verbally and in writing
- Must be proactive with an ability to work independently and in a team with direction from a manager
- Strong organizational skills required to maintain up to date and accurate records and client correspondence
- 5+ years of experience as a travel advisor necessary