Travel Leaders/Journeys Travel Group, Inc is a woman-owned business with four travel agency retail locations in Waukesha and Dane Counties. Since 1976 we have been assisting travelers from SE Wisconsin and all over the U.S. with their vacation, business and group travel needs. Our commitment to take exceptional care of our clients has earned us numerous awards in the travel industry and in our communities.
We are looking to grow our team by adding an experienced full-time Travel Agent in our Delafield, WI location. We are looking for a team member that is enthusiastic, ambitious, customer service oriented and sales focused. This individual has a genuine love of travel, along with the sincere desire to work with clients to collaborate with and consult them on planning and booking their ideal vacations.
- Utilizing our proven Leisure Sales Process to consult with clients, present the best vacation options and close the sale
- Providing superior service to walk-in, phone and email client requests for vacation travel
- Booking airline tickets, rental cars, cruises, hotel/resort accommodations, activities and more
- Communicating with clients in a professional and timely manner
- Recording all client interactions in the database program
- Growing a ‘book of business’ through self-promotion, community involvement and more
Representative Qualifications & Skills
- Passion for travel and desire to help others
- Strong selling and client service skills
- Superior communication skills in person, on the telephone and in writing
- Tech savvy including computer programs, navigating between multiple systems, using the Internet and social media to conduct business
- Pays close attention to detail
- Manages time effectively while working on multiple priorities
- Problem solves and exhibits critical thinking
- Ability to work rotating nights and weekends
- 3+ years experience as a travel agent, consulting and booking a mix of products including domestic and international vacations
- Certifications from organizations such as: The Travel Institute, American Society of Travel Agents, tourist boards or suppliers/vendors.
- Knowledge of vacation destinations based on personal travel experiences
- Deep destination expertise in Asia, South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand a plus
- Travel school or other post-secondary education is a plus
Travel Leaders/Journeys Travel Group, Inc offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; 401(k), flexible spending program, paid training, generous time off, access to industry events and discounted travel benefits which may include reduced rates on personal travel and/or educational travel to expand knowledge/expertise. These benefits may be provided by suppliers and/or Travel Leaders/Journeys Travel Group.