The Agent Support Specialist working in the new Vacation.com Agency will support our participant agents in a variety of ways, including general process, spot training, quality assurance, and coaching. In addition, this role will interface with their colleagues on the Perpetual Demand Generation (PDG) Team. The primary role is to support participating agents with enthusiasm as we build the travel lead generation and booking platform of the future. The key candidate for this role finds job satisfaction by making others happy and taking on challenges in a consultative/partnership mode, defusing conflict with charm, grace and agility.
- Responds to all inbound calls and correspondence from participating agents in a timely manner, consistently maintaining favorable impressions through excellence in customer service and in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
- Quality assurance of agency bookings—comparing inbound supplier confirmations with entries in AgentMate, and coaching agents on any corrective action needed on their part, OR making those corrections and communicating with the agent.
- Troubleshooting any booking related issues with the agent and suppliers.
- Spot training of AgentMate processes when it becomes clear that a participating agent needs help—either at their request, or when a pattern of repeated errors is detected
- Reviewing sales activity in near real-time and ensure bookings are made with relation to the original lead
- Communicating with the Agent Lead Development Specialists on the PDG team to provide feedback, identify opportunities for improvement of processes, policies, etc.
- Working through problem resolution with follow up and escalation of unresolved issues.
- Tracking issues to identify trends and providing feedback to internal departments.
- Responsible for satisfactorily resolving issues with commission research, paused accounts, and discrepancies with commission distributions.
- Account management including data accuracy in our internal database.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads
- Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned
- Must have strong leisure travel industry knowledge, primarily of processes, but additionally suppliers as well
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Must have strong capability to learn AgentMate, our proprietary agency point-of-sale system and the ability to accurately explain/train users
- Proficient Software Skills (Microsoft Office, Web Browsing)
- This position will require 5-10% travel.
Share on your newsfeed