The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Corporate Travel Agent
As a Corporate Travel Agent in our corporate office, you will work closely with the other members of our travel team to ensure that all travel requests are responded to in a friendly and timely manner, and within our travel and entertainment guidelines. The successful candidate should be a self-motivated and organized individual who enjoys working as part of a team in delivering a premium level of service.
- Confirm lowest logical air, car and hotel reservations according to the our travel policy
- Handling all travel requirements including complex domestic and international flight itineraries
- To issue, re-issue and perform re-calculations of international and domestic airfares
- Sourcing the best and most cost effective worldwide routes booking all flights, hotel and ground
- Answering calls and emails from employees in a polite, efficient and professional manner
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the Lubrizol reservation process - including quality control and the on-line Concur booking tool process.
- Knowledge of international reservation process
- Communicate all necessary client requests and/or concerns to supervisor and manager
- Provide VIP assistance as needed
- Provide outstanding customer service to our employees
- Assist with value added projects requested by travel management
- Work as part of a team and communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Keep abreast of current events and changes in the travel industry
- Online reservation fulfillment and ticketing
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of corporate travel experience
- Expertise with the Galileo/Apollo GDS travel system
- Knowledge of Concur on-line booking tool
- Experience with complex domestic and international fares
- Possess excellent geographical and product knowledge of destinations and suppliers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- High level analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.