At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. We are looking for positive people who bring a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to join us.
Rocky Mountaineer is proud to work with a strong team of talented individuals. We were recently named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies and have won Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada multiple times.
The Business Development Manager, Midwest is responsible for generating business through the development of close relationships with the travel agent, wholesale and tour operator partners located in the Midwest USA. This is a homebased position and can be located in or close to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, St. Louis or Kansas City.
- Develop business through relationship building with targeted accounts in the Midwest US to meet and exceed KPI targets.
- Develop and implement a targeted sales strategy for these markets to grow existing business and increase market penetration
- Identify new business development opportunities within the territory
- Build sales campaigns to drive bookings and revenue through partner accounts
- Manage the analysis of territory and marketplaces by monitoring the market/competition, analyzing industry trends, company results and economic climate
- Set goals for strategic business development with all Tour Operators, and Wholesalers located in the Midwest to develop group tour & FIT business
- Develop and support travel agency group business in assigned region
- Support and achieve aggressive growth targets of the brand
Sales Operations Management:
- Develop business plans, sales strategies, budgets, and corresponding business cases for targeted market trade partners
- Demonstrate market insight through solution implementation and sustainment
- Analyze competitors and sources of competitive advantage
- Work closely with Rocky Mountaineer’s sales colleagues in select US markets
- Attend and participate in a variety of trade shows, familiarization tours, training and industry events relevant to the market segments assigned to this role
- Manage sales activities within the sales territory before, during, and following sales trips
- Ensure accurate processing of all information generated from sales activities
- Generate and log sales activities in Salesforce
- Provide feedback and input on programs, strategies, and tactical marketing & sales initiatives
- Ensure the proper brand message is delivered in all materials
- Utilize Salesforce and other population data to define market penetration strategies
- Identify and target competitive prospects and plan strategy to increase market share
Internal Relationship Management:
- Maintain positive and constructive relationships with other Managers, employees, customers, and a variety of suppliers and industry partners
- Ensure complete and on-going knowledge of the Company’s policies, procedures, and products
- Maintain positive and constructive cross-departmental relationships and communication
- Perform other duties as assigned within the relevant expectations of the position
- Exhibit a business mindset – develop and refine management skills
- Drive for results – foster collaboration and strengthen others to execute consistently
- Make values visible – act with honesty, integrity and ethics
- Energize others – set an example, recognize contributions and celebrate accomplishments
- Resourcefully innovates – search for opportunities, experiment and take risks
- Inspire a shared belief – create a clear vision and enlist the support of others
- 5+ years’ sales experience in the travel industry with contacts in the US Retail, Wholesale & Tour Operator markets
- Proven track record of driving significant growth with key accounts
- Post-Secondary education and experience in the Travel/Tourism industry (a four-year degree is preferred)
- Exceptional relationship builder and a strong ability to influence
- Strong presentation and training skills, both in person and via webinars
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and polished
- Skilled at tailoring and targeting communication to both internal and external key influencers/audiences
- Demonstrated ability to define business potential and utilize analytics to create sales strategies
- Creative and resourceful
- Strategically minded with strong negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to work effectively with a remote team both in sales and in marketing
- Relentlessly pursue excellence
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce, Concur and Cognos is an asset
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- A valid driver’s license and access to use of a reliable personal vehicle is required
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate.
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that background checks are a part of our hiring process.
Minneapolis, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Kansas City, United States