National Accounts Manager - Cunard
Santa Clarita, California
Cunard Line is the most iconic ocean liner company in the world sailing QUEEN MARY 2, QUEEN VICTORIA and the new QUEEN ELIZABETH. For 175 years, the iconic ships of Cunard have defined luxury ocean travel and today they are recognized as The Most Famous Ocean Liners in The World. Cunard offers the only regularly scheduled Trans-Atlantic liner service and continues the legacy of world cruising which it began in 1922. The line also offers a full range of voyages throughout Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Canada and New England. As one of the oldest names in passenger shipping Cunard now operates the youngest fleet at sea, offering more opportunities for guests to experience the New Golden Age of Ocean Travel through our signature White Star Service.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated National Account Manager. This role will directly report to the Director of Sales. The primary goal of this position is to significantly grow the Canadian
sourcing via travel advisor partnerships.
In a city with enviable quality of life balance, our corporate offices are located in beautiful Southern California in downtown Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is what CNN Money Magazine calls “one of the best places to live in California.” With award-winning schools, special events and a large arts and cultural scene, Santa Clarita is the third largest city in Los Angeles County and is ranked as one of the safest cities in not only California, but in the nation.
- Sets goals with top accounts including annual, quarterly, and trade where applicable. Strategizes with accounts to meet company and account goals.
- Develops Sales & Marketing plans, District promotions, incentives, events, and training opportunities.
- Sets periodic training with top accounts.
- Analyzes territorial trends to identify sales growth opportunities.
- Participates in all aspects of accounts’ regional and national conferences.
- Defines an annual contact strategy with key accounts to provide consistent, effective engagement and collaboration.
- Supports the development of annual marketing plans for National and key Inner Circle accounts.
- Manages and tracks all approved co-op marketing including the vetting and proofing of various effort
- Collaborates with local BDMs to supplement engagement via meetings, webinars, seminars and other events.
- Provides consistent reporting of account performance and tracking to goal to upper management on a monthly basis.
- Advocates to company head office on behalf of Agency owners, managers and agents regarding business opportunities, policies, service delivery experiences, etc.
- Collaborates with marketing on the development of brand consistent presentations.
- Drive agent participation and completion of Academy training.
- Attends professional development workshops, webinars and training offered by the company to enhance managerial and technical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years’ experience in the cruise/hotel/hospitality industry with demonstrated business development experience from another field
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills required
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Intimate knowledge of travel agency business models
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate travel agents and to help them develop business and marketing plans
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate travel agents and to help them develop business and marketing plans.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with agent partners and executives at all levels
- Ability to negotiate account issues and facilitate resolution with various departments throughout the company
- This position is Canada based
- Approximately 20-25% travel is required
- Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include, onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per calendar year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for banking services and retail stores.