To manage the business travel for drivers attending orientation, truck retrieval, and office personnel as requested. In addition, maintain travel-related programs, reports and files.
1. Research and schedule travel for drivers and office staff as requested using Apollo travel software, or directly through airlines, hotels, and car rental services to secure best available fares and most cost effective travel arrangements.
2. Notify individuals of completed arrangements and forwards itineraries, necessary paperwork, tickets and instructions
3. Review and analyze travel expenditures and make suggestions to senior management on changes to the corporate travel policy to ensure the most cost effective travel arrangements are being made.
4. Check travel websites regularly for specials/discounts
5. Negotiate lodging rates with hotels near company facilities for drivers and office staff.
6. Distribute and log all ticketed trips, routing necessary paperwork and tickets
7. Return, log, and process all unused tickets
8. Availability to make travel arrangements on an as needed basis outside normal work hours, including reporting time worked to your supervisor
9. Communicate issues with a possible solution to your supervisor as needed
10. Other duties as assigned
Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload and pay close attention to detail. Possess a strong customer service ethic. Must be able to work well under pressure and have a professional demeanor and be able to work as a team player. Ability to interact with existing drivers and potential drivers on a daily basis. Effective verbal and written communication skills; present a pleasant phone manner. Strong interpersonal skills. Word, Excel, Internet and E-Mail.
Associates degree or 1-2 years of travel coordination experience
Sitting for long periods, manual dexterity, light lifting, stooping, bending, listening and speaking ability.