Travel & Accounting Coordinator
- Assist Controller with all accounting operational transactions mainly centered around travel but to include A/P, A/R, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of regulatory reporting
- Review, process, and approve expense reports in Microsoft NAV
- Reconcile credit card transactions for all travel- and professional development-related expenses
- Manage company travel booking system
- File and maintain organization of travel documentation, including trip approval, travel receipts, and invoices to customer
- Create travel reimbursement packets to accompany invoices to customer, based on receipts and expense reports submitted by employees
- Review expense reports for compliance with contract requirements, the Lynker Travel Policy, and the Federal Travel Regulation
- Communicate effectively with customers and other Federal points of contact as well as company PMs/Directors regarding travel needs for individual task orders/contracts
- Report expense reimbursements and tax withholdings/gross-ups to payroll and/or accounts payable
- Communicate the status of expense reimbursements with employees, vendors, and customers and request additional information if needed
- Verify that all travel expenses and vendor invoices have been submitted in a timely manner
- Create and present Pre-Travel Approval Form to customer
- Ensure compliance with customer travel requirements, the Federal Travel Regulation, and Lynker Travel Policies
- Assist in month-end and year-end close process
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 years of relevant experience in lieu of education
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Proficiency with G-Suite
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with government contractor
- Experience with Microsoft NAV
- Knowledge of the Federal Travel Regulation
- Understanding of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with Client Billing and Accounts Payable
- Ability to come into the Leesburg, VA office for occasional in-person meetings
Lynker is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers' scientific and technical priorities - creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.