Role: Regional Travel Agent
Location: Abbott Park, IL - 60064-3537
Duration: 12+ Months on W2 (Possibility of extension/FTE for the right candidate)
Shift Timings: 8 AM to 5 PM
- 100% Onsite role
- 5% Local travel involved (For meetings, conferences, or meeting vendors)
- Local candidates only; as there may be two rounds of in-person interviews.
- Regional Travel Manager
- Handle Regional travel for North, South, and Latin America.
- Must be well versed in the travel world: Must know In and Out of Airline, Car Rentals, and Hotel bookings.
- Travel industry experience for over 4 years; travel agency experience a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of the Concur Travel online booking tool.
- Work with travel agencies to resolve any issue that comes up.
- Strong in using Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Be able to use VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and make presentations.
- Answering any questions by travelers that they get in their travel inbox (Internal tool used by Abbott); Travelers are Abbott employees.
- Excellent analytical skills needed. Must be able to pull out data for travel expenses quarterly for review meetings. Or be able to pull out data for fares and travels to a particular place by the Abbott employees and present it to management or pitch it to vendors if required; For example, reach out to a supplier and get years of data and this person needs to give a summary of how many car rentals they had. Be able to summarize the volume every month.
- Review the list of hotels and be able to know what hotel will be best to hold particular events or stay for a particular manager.
- Familiarity with Lanyon software.
- Strong Communication skills are required as this person will be involved in giving a lot of training globally to travelers on how to book their travel online.
- Spanish speakers are a big plus.
Education And Experience
- Bachelors required
- Minimum 4 years' experience in the Travel industry; a Travel Agency background is preferred.
- Travel knowledge in 4 industries: Air, Car, Hotel, and Ground Transportation.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Top Notch Communication skills.