- Live and have legal authorization to work anywhere in the United States
- A minimum of 2 years in a user-facing or back of house airline industry role with material experience using global distribution systems -- either Sabre, Apollo or Amadeus
- Exceptional written communication skills in English (live chat experience a bonus); proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is a strong asset
- Excellent computer skills, a willingness and an eagerness to excel at technical systems
- Possess high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate difficult customer conversations with professionalism
- Have previous remote work experience and appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location
- Be prepared to work full-time hours on a schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things
About The Job
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. As a globally distributed team of travel and hospitality enthusiasts and experts, we believe that every interaction before, during and after booking travel with Hopper should earn our travellers' trust and loyalty.
As a Travel Experience Agent, you have a passion for the travel industry, enjoy building connections with people and are a natural problem-solver. Hopper's goal is to become the most customer-centric travel company in the industry, and a big part of that is providing the absolute best service to our customers. We are looking for people who love helping others, are persistent, empathetic, kind and curious.
- Help customers via chat or email to ensure they have the best possible experience (most teammates tend to speak to 40+ customers every day). No scripts, human conversation only.
- Work out of multiple global distribution systems (GDSs) and a variety of internal tools and systems to quote, exchange and refund airline tickets
- Help users navigate the Hopper app, troubleshoot bugs and provide guidance on new features
- Constantly prioritize and re-prioritize a high volume of incoming travel requests for air and hotel bookings
- Provide an exceptional level of customer support to all users who reach out
- Experiment: we are an adventuresome bunch so expect that anything and everything can change!
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More About Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
- Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.