The Global Travel Manager (GTM) will be responsible for the day-to-day Global Travel Program operations and procurement practice. Responsibilities including leading a team of category managers, identify efficiencies, and ensure the safety and well-being of all travelers. The GTM will report to the Sr. Manager, Global Travel on all aspects related to the program.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide transparency on spend across all travel categories.
- Manage and support the end-to-end migration project(s) for GE Healthcare globally across full spectrum of Travel related processes, tools and services.
- Manage and support stakeholder management in complex migration projects.
- Contribute to the execution & development of the operational plan in line with the Global, Regional and Local requirements
- Drive service readiness. Working with operations team and IT integration to confirm technology requirements & limitations, and building & executing remediation plans where required.
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager of Travel to plan and prepare go/no-go service readiness assessment meetings. Support post go-live stabilization.
- Operate constructively within a matrix organization, ultimately driving aligned and clear expectations for the organization.
- Complete Global Travel Agency implementation including program management, review, and analysis.
- Oversight of the travel management company(ies) including all operational issues, SLA’s, management reporting systems, and adherence to policy.
- Develop, implement and manage all travel vendor relationships and programs (agency, air, hotel, car rental, fleet, and other travel related services.
- Must have strong ability to use various automated travel technology tools including travel management reporting tools and self- booking tools.
- Develop strong internal working relationships with all departments especially Finance, Recruiting, Benefits, Workplace Services, Safety & Security, Meetings/Events, Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Executive Admins, IT and International locations.
- Design and implement travel training/seminars for travelers and travel arrangers.
- Maintain travel intranet and organization communication platforms.
- Identify savings opportunities and service enhancements, initiate process improvements and deployment of benchmarking-generated best practices.
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor, and report on travel expenditures and compliance.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports for corporate travel expenditures against budgets and forecasts.
- Work with Risk Management on Duty of Care issues, car accidents, and other incidents relating to business travel.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or minimum of 10 years of travel industry and procurement experience
- Some travel required
- Extensive and proven collaborative and leadership experience
- Robust understanding of travel and expense, including sourcing, contracting, negotiating, tools, and processes, as well as finance, buy to pay, HR, and other cross business resources
- Strategic thinker; proven ability to anticipate and resolve complicated issues
- Proven project management skills (multi-faceted & complex projects) with ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver results on time
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong ownership & accountability, with a proven track record of execution
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills; effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions
- Anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve those; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Has cultural awareness & sensitivity: ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms and experience of leading a culturally diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels of organization
- Good understanding of HR considerations in respect of hiring, onboarding, managing attrition as well as European & local works council regulations and EU GDPR
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within Sourcing function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in a simple to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.