What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Corporate Travel Manager
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern workspaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
About this role: Recognized content expert for all facets of Gartner’s global travel program, including the management of the global Travel Management Company, the TMC’s associated online and offline servicing platforms, and preferred travel vendors.
What you’ll do:
- Champions the globalization and expansion of the program to include deployment of the corporate travel policy, approved travel management company, and contracted travel suppliers.
- Evaluates and identifies global travel program opportunities from a strategic perspective, including ability to develop, prioritize and implement plans to meet organization’s core strategic goals.
- Previous managerial and leadership experience.
- Ensures operational effectiveness and compliance in the organization’s global travel program.
- Understands the travel industry’s systems, interfaces, and linkages.
- Understands local travel culture/differences and local tools and systems.
- Works closely with the Travel Management Company and preferred travel vendors for opportunities to optimize the program and resolve issues.
- Regularly monitors travel vendor performance and contract compliance.
- Understands industry trends for developing future program and cost savings strategy.
- Works closely with Procurement’s Travel Category Manager to develop vendor strategy.
- Responsible for supporting and championing safety and security aspects of travel. Works closely with the Security & Safety team.
- Consults on event-specific group travel requirements with the Events team.
- Lead or participate in Projects and Committees: Global Travel Management Company RFP, disaster recovery committees if needed, updates to travel website; development of preferred vendor leakage initiatives; development and administration of travel surveys.
- Develop efficient ways to audit and action feedback from users and key stakeholders.
- Effectively grow, develop and lead one or more direct reports by providing continuous feedback, coaching, and individual training to upskill associates.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ Years of travel management experience at a large corporation
- Proficient in travel industry vernacular, travel industry tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and prioritize own workload.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships
- Proven ability to initiate and complete programs independently
- Keeps abreast of information on current developments and industry news
- Understanding of various Global Distribution Systems, Online Booking Tools and Travel Management practices, and previous managerial and leadership experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge the status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards