Fellowship Travel International (FTI) has an opening for a full-time Group Travel Agent to join our Sales team. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to travel, meet new people & serve those who serve others. This position may be for you if you’re looking for a career where you’re rewarded for your efforts while maintaining a work/life balance. If you love to travel and are passionate about planning trips that change lives, you would be a great addition to our team!
Who We Are
FTI is a family-owned travel agency in Ashland, VA that has designed custom travel solutions for educational, faith-based and humanitarian organizations for more than 35 years. We have a casual office environment, but when it comes to serving our customers, we’re all business.
We care about the people we work with, the job we do, and the world we live in. We value creating relationships that extend beyond the workplace. As a small business, we rely on teamwork to accomplish many of our goals, so we make sure to take time to have fun together (baseball games, bowling, snow tubing, cookouts, etc.). Our teammates are kind, respectful, service-focused, always improving and trustworthy.
In this role, you will be advising non-profit organizations and offering group travel solutions that meet their needs. You will also manage accounts and build your client base by identifying key contacts at each organization and asking for referrals. We need someone who is customer-focused, detail-oriented and self-motivated, but travel industry training will be provided.
In This Position, You Will
- Identify the needs of the organization, as well as the requirements for their upcoming travel, and develop a compelling offer
- Negotiate the best fare/schedule and book seats in reservation software
- Close the sale by addressing any client concerns and communicating benefits of the offer
- Manage inventory additions/reductions, handle schedule changes, and provide customer service until the group returns home
- Partner with support team to ensure accuracy of all information
- Secure repeat business and develop FTI advocates
You'd Fit Right In If You Have
- A proven track record with sales or business development
- Strong customer service skills that build long-term relationships with your clients
- The ability to anticipate clients’ needs and address them even before the client asks
- Excellent verbal/written communication and computer skills
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Experience in the travel industry, are a well-seasoned traveler, and/or have experience with ministries, universities or other non-profit
- Bonus points if you know how to use Amadeus or a similar Global Distribution System
Some of the many reasons you will love working here:
- Competitive pay & bonuses based on sales performance
- Monthly incentive programs
- Option to earn additional income by serving on our after-hours team
- Health insurance & dental reimbursement plan
- Matching IRA - 100% vested from day one
- Vacation, holidays & sick days
- Company-sponsored outings, cookouts, and celebrations
- An annual stipend + 3 additional vacation days to visit new international destinations (Yeah bucket list!)
- Access to industry discounts on hotels, theme parks, etc.
- IATA membership card - Gives you access to free (or discounted) familiarization trips!