Egencia started out by disrupting the business travel technology industry and we haven’t stopped since. We are purpose-built to provide the industry’s best travel management experience – and we’re continually investing to make it even better, faster, and easier for people to connect with confidence. Come help us shape what’s next in the world of business travel technology.
Egencia makes business travel better. Combining technology and service, we build a seamless experience, where companies have access to a user-friendly interface, diverse travel options, and 24/7 global support. Join our mission and help us take the next steps in redefining the world of business travel.
Overview of Role:
The After Hours Senior Travel Consultant role at Egencia is to deliver exceptional travel service experience for our Corporate and Business Travel Customers. By working together as a high performing team, who are specialized with in depth knowledge, our Travel Consultants provide exceptional traveler care, first call resolution and the highest quality of customer service to Egencia corporate clients.
It is a high touch service environment, where you will have true accountability for the service relationship and customer experience, by providing creative and timely travel solutions, using available tools and technology as needed, while maximizing supplier revenue.
The role will form part of a highly skilled team of Senior Corporate Travel Consultants located virtually from home. The role will report to a Team Leader.
- Candidate should be comfortable working a shift during after hours - 6pm – 5am Pacific Standard Time.
- Act as Travel Advisor and Consultant to a single or multiple Corporate Business and accounts with the willingness to jump in and flexibility in shifts to meet client needs
- Act as the point of sale on all Domestic & International travel requirements, arranging both routine and complex travel for air, rail, car, and Hotel accommodation, utilizing Sabre and Amadeus.
- Provide consultative advice, solutions and recommendations. Additionally, pro-actively selling additional service for our travelers (e.g. Hotel and Car/Car Service), whilst ensuring adherence to the customers agreed travel policy and requirements
- Complying with all legal standard requirements, which include mandatory training, compliance and sanctions
- Deliver expectations on individual/shared team goals and support all business Key Performance Indicators. Proactively review your metrics to check on and improve performance
- Follow internal compliance and regulatory requirements for all customers and locations supported
- Manage the end-to-end booking process through the ticketing and order fulfillment, either over the telephone, via messaging or via email or back-office systems and servicing platforms.
- Operate in a multi-channel environment where you are accountable to key performance indicators of success, such as customer satisfaction (CSAT), key productivity metrics (for example call adherence and call service metrics), and driving key partnerships and sale of preferred air and hotel partners
- Use positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations
- Arrange domestic and international business travel for air, road, rail and accommodation, utilizing the assigned GDS
- Proactively sell additional services for our travelers, e.g. Hotel and Car.
- Express enthusiasm and energy within the organization and always act according to company Ethics, Values, and Compliance guidelines.
- Act in accordance with all Egencia and GBT policies and procedures
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- In depth knowledge of:
- International air, hotel, car, and rail booking
- High touch customer service
- High proficiency in GDS Sabre
- 5+ years business travel industry experience
- Experience Microsoft Office
- Detailed understanding of fares and ticketing rules - domestic and international land, air, and sea travel
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Influencing skills
- Passion for Excellence in Customer Service with attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity when handling personal and confidential traveler information
- Problem Solving, with a process improvement mindset
- Ability to multi-task and act with a sense of urgency
- Possess a strong understanding of travel trends and industry best practices
- Background in Business Travel, leisure or airline reservation required
- Ability to assist and coach customers on the online booking tool
- All applicants will be subjected to pass pre-hire assessments to measure computer/technical skills & travel industry knowledge
- Why Join Egencia?
- Connections matter when it comes to business, and those connections start with our inclusive team of travel enthusiasts and technologists.
- Our customers love working with us because we know satisfied customers start with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team to support them. So, we’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We make sure every voice is heard. We trust each other to get great work and we encourage everyone to speak up, speak out, and be themselves.
- Our culture:
- We thrive in a culture of curiosity - constantly reinventing for the future. It's the people that make Egencia so special, so we want to make sure they’re happy. We do this by offering flexible working opportunities, competitive packages and by making sure we have fun along the way.
- Business travel is on the road to recovery, and as part of the world’s largest corporate travel marketplace, we’re in a strong position to define the future of business travel as we lead the industry into a new era.
- If this all sounds like something you’d like to jump on-board with visit Egencia.com or check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Egencia is wholly owned by American Express Global Business Travel (GBT). GBT is a joint venture that is not wholly owned by American Express Company or any of its subsidiaries (American Express). “American Express Global Business Travel”, “American Express", and the American Express logo are trademarks of American Express and are used under limited license. “American Express Meetings & Events” is a division of GBT.
- United States - Virtual Location
- It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
- GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement