TRAVEL SPECIALIST / INSIDE SALES
DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co. designs and leads luxury bike trips in the world’s most amazing places. We are looking for an energetic and experienced Sales Associate ("Travel Specialist") with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our passionate / fun team in Somerville, Massachusetts.
At DuVine, every person—whether on the road or behind the scenes—works tenaciously so that our guests can live our mantra: Bike, Eat, Drink, Sleep. We sweat the small stuff because we’re travel, food-, wine-, and cycling-obsessed people who really love our jobs.
If you have what it takes to join our team and the desire to be part of an innovative and fast-growing adventure travel company, we look forward to your application! This is a salaried, full-time position and is eligible for benefits and bonuses. The position reports to the Sales Director.
- Manage inbound leads from prospective guests generated through incoming calls, website forms, brochure requests, etc. to convert into sales.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource that offers helpful and accurate information to potential guests on all products and destinations.
- Manage travel agent accounts and assist with information requests, reservations and act as a resource to the agency industry.
- Work with senior sales members and product team to facilitate the creation of custom itineraries, budgets, and pricing for private tours;
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times;
- Maintain CRM database.
- Actively follow-up on leads to maximize sales and meet sales targets.
- Establish strong relationships with our international teams, marketing, and guest services to ensure superior customer service and product delivery.
- Represent DuVine at customer facing cycling events and travel industry meetings.
- Two to five years of sales experience, ideally in the travel and tourism industry
- Personable, service-minded, and able to adapt communication style to meet the needs of potential guests
- Well-organized, multi-tasker who works well under pressure.
- Financial acumen including budgeting, analysis and spreadsheet skills
- Experience in writing detailed and creative documents and itineraries
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and InDesign.
- Hubspot or CRM experience preferred.
- Highly sociable and energetic, positive and with a sense of humor!
- Flexibility to occasionally work evening or weekend hours during busy season.
- Well-traveled and willing to travel
- Strong attention to detail
- International travel experience and fluency in French, Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.