Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them of appropriate destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs and accommodations.
Research fare and schedule information.
Book reservations for travel, hotels, transportation, and special events.
Plan and arrange tour packages, excursions, and day trips.
Calculate total travel costs and collect payment/fees.
Provide relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events, etc) to travelers.
Liaise and network with travel partners, including airlines, hotels, cruise lines and tour operators, to manage bookings and schedules.
Manage alternative booking arrangements if changes arise before or during the trip.
Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds.
Attend travel and educational seminars, both online and in person, to remain up-to-date with tourism trends.
Enter data into company’s software and maintain client files.
Maintain statistical and financial records.
Meet profit and sales targets.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years proven experience as a travel agent.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Sabre preferred.
- Knowledge of Clientbase preferred.
- Certified Travel Agent (CTA) certification preferred.
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively.
We are a locally owned and operated travel agency in business for 30 years. We are in the American Express Representative Network.