Director, Sales (Corporate Travel)
Remote/work from home position. Must reside within 100 miles of Boston, MA; able to travel 25-50%*
BCD Travel is expanding our Global Business Travel Sales team. We are looking for dynamic and creative sales team members to help us continue our growth. The position is a Director, Sales and must reside in the New England area (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.) Preferred candidates will have current experience selling travel management company services to global companies.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Develops prospect list of qualified leads;performs preliminary research to identify clients' need and goals
- Develops creative and cost effective plans to meet clients' objectives
- Makes sales presentations, prepares proposals in conjunction with other members of the sales and sales support team and follow through to closure of sale
- Makes face-to-face sales calls and cold calls
- Prospect identification and market penetration for major accounts in target areas
- Oversees development of proposals, presentations, contracts and other marketing-related collateral
- Coordinates pricing and service configuration functions with the appropriate vice president, controller and sales person.
- Updates new and existing clients on products and industry changes as needed
- Maintains detailed records and files documenting new prospect, sold accounts, lost bid, and no bid actions as requested by senior management.
- Forecasts opportunities with 100% accuracy. Document sales activity
- Assists in the coordination of contract negotiations and renegotiations, signing off on all contracts before submittal to the president for signature
- Coordinates, or participates in, client and prospect functions/activities (tradeshows, conventions, client forums, and etcetera) as necessary to provide consulting services and to improve client / prospect knowledge of company products and benefits
- Directs the efforts of sales events and promotional activities
- Meets or exceeds individual and divisional sales goals and gross profit margins. Maintains high close and win rates as assigned by VP/SVP/ or EVP.
- Identifies competitive threats and emerging problems and offers swift solutions to preserve the integrity of relationships
- Sales and business development experience in the corporate travel, corporate meetings and incentives, and/or travel technology industries (required)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong network of corporate travel industry contacts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentations
- Ability to travel 25-50% (required) including international travel
- Must live in the greater Boston, MA/New England area or be willing to relocate at your own expense