You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
Whether you’re a tenured travel professional or just starting your travel career; if you have a flair for exceptional customer service, a passion for learning and natural curiosity, this role is for you. With an intensive paid training and coaching program, here’s your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant.
Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day:
- Deliver world-class customer service via in-bound call servicing
- Delighting our Premium Card Members with unforgettable travel experiences
- Understand our customer needs through consultation to deliver an innovative and extraordinary interaction through multi-channel servicing
- Research, plan, and carry out personalized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international flights, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
- Communicate new and existing product offerings and value propositions relevant to the Card Member
- Always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the Membership First ™ approach and earning their dedication
- Shown ability to provide premium customer service, ideally in a call center environment
- Experience servicing customers ideally in hospitality, concierges/lifestyle servicing, high-end customer service or sales roles
- Basic geography knowledge with ability to locate continents and travel destinations worldwide
- Positive attitude and outlook, demonstrated through desire to learn, willingness to ‘have-a-go’ and optimistic teammate
- Natural communicator with the ability to demonstrate listening skills and able to adapt conversation to suit the situation
- Technically able and used to using computer applications and personal devices, can navigate PC and basic MS Office easily
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven environment, with a healthy strive to meet and exceed goals
- Travel Agency, Travel Reservations, Cruise and Tour experience is a plus
You must have the ability to work nights and weekends as we service our Card Members 24 hours a day / 7 days per week.
Work at Home Requirements:
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted).
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
- Candidates must reside in one of 47 states where we currently hire (all U.S. states, except for Alaska, California, and Hawaii).
Salary Range: $20.00 to $26.25 hourly + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected hourly pay range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.