Corporate Travel Counselor - Albuquerque, NM ONSITE LOCATION - Sabre
As an American Express Corporate Travel Counselor, you will join a team of other highly skilled Travel Counselors who provide exceptional traveler care to GBT corporate clients. The exceptional, high touch service you provide to our clients will leave them truly impressed. You will be responsible for assisting with the completion of both domestic and international travel arrangements and special requests. You will also be accountable for both individual and shared team goals.
Get ready to be challenged and make impressions that will last! Listed below are more details where you will make an impact during your day…
- Arrange routine and complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, hotel, limousine and rail utilizing SABRE for VIP clients
- Provide consultative multi-country routings for best fares and preferred carrier usage
- Counsel clients on efficient, multi-city/multi-country routings for lowest available fares, and preferred carrier usage; ensure optimum customer service while coordinating client travel policy responsibilities; effective use of computer systems and exceptional telephone service techniques.
- Ensure optimum customer servicing while coordinating interdepartmental responsibilities
- Research and resolve client inquiries
- Use positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations
- Coach, develop and mentor more junior Travel Counselors in the team
- Minimum of 5 + years Corporate Travel industry experience required
- Minimum of 2+ years International expertise experience highly preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor Degree preferred
- SABRE GDS proficiency required.
- In depth knowledge of world geography
- Mastery at conflict resolution
- Display highest level of integrity when dealing with internal & external customers
- Bilingual language ability preferred
***This role requires working at the onsite location in Albuquerque, NM at least 2-3 days a week. The rest of your time will be from your home office location***
AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. Our organization has core operating hours that can range between 7am to 8pm, depending on the platform/customer. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately.
AXCESS@ Home (working virtual) Requirements:
- Must have a dedicated work space within own residence that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP’s are permitted)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol)