ALTOUR ENTERTAINMENT is currently seeking a seasoned travel professional to assist to join our Entertainment Division. The Entertainment Agent will be responsible for supporting a high-volume, fast-paced business. Qualified candidates must have prior Entertainment travel experience and will ideally have prior experience working with clients from the film, television or music industries. Successful candidates must be detail-oriented and committed to supporting the team in delivering quality service to clients. Candidates must be flexible and have a “do whatever it takes” mentality in their approach to work. You will be required to think outside the box and be a self-starter who can take control of a situation.
- This position can work from home***
Schedule: Monday- Friday: 8AM – 5PM PST OR 8.30 AM – 5.30PM PST (can be flexible)
This role may be eligible for an incentive, commission, bonus, or a discretionary bonus program based on the company’s financial goal achievement and individual performance.
- Complete travel arrangements for clients including air and hotel reservations, along with meet and greet setups, and car services. Must be comfortable performing exchanges and refunds.
- Respond to client inquiries and concerns with a sense of urgency
- Independently review client reservations for accuracy and quality, proactively correct errors
- Conduct all business in line with standard procedures. Take 100% ownership of duties and ensure that client expectations are exceeded.
- Assures client is aware of all necessary travel documents and health requirements for countries to be visited
- Maintain ownership of each client record until departure to ensure all details (including seat assignments, meal preferences, upgrades, etc.) are completed to the client's satisfaction
- Research and provides solutions to any travel-related problem clients may experience; partner with supervisor and peers to correct errors and ensure they are not repeated
- Maintain awareness of all airline rules and regulations, tariffs, and fare requirements and accurately applies this knowledge to all travel arrangements
- Essential; Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with demanding clientele
- Handling VIP clients with exception service (Handling Meet & Greets, Black Car services)
- SABRE skills are a mandatory (Must be ok with Exchanges, Phase 4’s MCO’s) - required
- At least 3 years of experience in travel handling domestic and international travel - required
- Strong customer service skills – ability to think outside the box - required
- Experience with demanding travelers - required
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment with little supervision - required
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Experience in booking travel for feature film movements from 30MM to 250MM (booking flights, car service, greeter service and more) - preferred
Internova Travel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.