To facilitate professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all clients within their company's guidelines and standards of excellence for customer service. Ability to multi-task in fast-paced work environment.
- This position can work from home in most states, however, this position cannot be completed in the state of Colorado.***
SCHEDULE 9:00AM to 6PM EST Monday to Friday
We are excited to announce that we are offering a sign-on bonus opportunity with this role payable at 90 days provided deliverables are met.
- Completes travel arrangements for clients' air, hotel, car rentals, trains, tour, and ground arrangements at the lowest possible price within corporate travel guidelines.
- Follow and suggest improvements in company procedures in the areas of customer service, documentation of PNRs and profiles, ticketing, invoicing, attendance, accuracy of work etc.
- Maintains ownership of each record until departure to ensure all details (including seat assignments, meal preferences, upgrades, etc.) are completed to the client's satisfaction.
- Researches and provides solutions to any travel related problem clients may have experienced with arrangements made by ALTOUR with total management awareness and participation.
- Stays fully informed on all airline rules and regulations, tariffs, and fare requirements and accurately applies this knowledge to all travel arrangements.
- Is available for and receptive to training opportunities.
- Is Sabre proficient and maintains Sabre skills with relevant training.
- Has knowledge of and understanding of re-routing and exchange processes.
- Stays abreast of technology and industry knowledge, especially with intranet tools provided by ALTOUR.
- Problem resolution to always include management.
- Assists other agents on the account.
- Performs other office functions as needed and seeks ways to personally add to the overall efficiency of the operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
S kills/Experience Required:
- Overall travel industry knowledge and experience
- Minimum 5+ Years travel agency experience
- Essential; Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with high level global clientele.
- 7-10 years of Sabre computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Required experience working with tickets issued in conjunction with frequent flyer miles.
- Competent with all aspects of ticketing transactions.
- Proficient with International Itineraries and rate structures.
- Knowledge of online booking tools a must.
- Experienced and comfortable with premium travelers.
- Attention to detail/conscientiousness/flexible
- Problem solving and initiative
- Interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to learn new functions and to enhance existing skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality are required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
- Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, interpret documents, and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks.
- Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond, analyze information and write reports, comprehend complex issues, and communicate effectively to diverse groups.
- Job requires employee to perform basic arithmetic accurately and compute rates and percentages.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- You may be required to travel for Client Meetings, Conferences, Strategic Planning, Industry Events, and internal events.
Internova Travel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.