ALTOUR is seeking an experienced Leisure Travel Consultant assesses the client’s needs to provide travel options that meet their expectations. The incumbent sales travel while building client relationships to retain future business.
- Responsible for selling and retaining travel clients for cruises, tour packages, hotels, airfare, etc. process bookings in a timely and friendly manner for walk-ins, appointments, phone calls, and email clients. Up sells preferred vendors, insurance, and financial services. Qualifies clients. Establishes rapport and builds client relationships.
- Researches destinations, hotels, cruises, airfare options, site seeing, and additional trip information to best meet the client’s needs and expectations. Attends webinars and studies destination demographics, amenities, values, specials, new hotels, etc. Is knowledgeable of world events and weather that might affect travel plans.
- Processes airfare, hotels, and ground transportation via Sabre and Worldspan GDS’s. Updates client information in database. Processes travel requests for deposits and payments. Creates and processes accurate invoice using Sabre, Worldspan, and back office systems.
- Processes final documents which may include itineraries, visas, inoculations, air and transportation tickets, and final payments. Follows up with clients returning from trip and contacts past clients to notify of specials and offer assistance with future travel plans.
- May complete and organize quarterly newsletters for clients. Troubleshoots unexpected travel issues and addresses client concerns.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a client-focused, travel services environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sabre, and Client Base
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Performs duties as required or requested.
- Diplomacy and tact required in contact with vendors, co-workers and clients.
- Courteous, professional telephone manner.
- Superior problem solving skills
- Must be able to work holidays that correspond with regularly scheduled workdays.
- Minimum of 1 year travel agency experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the travel industry including proficiency in the Worldspan CRS system. Sabre and Apollo experience essential.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality are required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
- Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, interpret documents, and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks.
- Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond, analyze information and write reports, comprehend complex issues, and communicate effectively to diverse groups.
- Job requires employee to perform basic arithmetic accurately and compute rates and percentages.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- ALTOUR is an Equal Opportunity Employer