Adelman Travel Group is looking for an entry level travel agent to work out of our Milwaukee, WI office. This position will assist with planning and selling transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Responsibilities include, determining destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs and accommodations. Other duties include, but not limited, compliance monitoring, hotel follow-up and queue management support. This position may also assist in the resolution of customer travel problems.
- Receive and prioritize travel requests via queues, email and telephone; prepare tentative plans and suitable alternatives for approval by traveler or designated party.
- Book transportation, hotel reservations, and insurance, using computerized reservation and ticketing system and/or telephone; ensure all reservations are reviewed with travel arranger and thoroughly documented prior to ticketing. Apply reward accruals appropriately to reservations.
- Utilize both published and private resources to analyze and evaluate commercial rates, lowest logical airfares, times, routings, and appropriate car rentals; compute cost of travel, accommodations and local transporting, using calculator, computer, or other applicable resources.
- Adhere to client and company policies and procedures; keep accurate records of customer interactions (i.e. inquiries, complaints, comments etc.) within the reservation system.
- Review un-ticketed online reservations for automation failures; correct and complete reservations.
- Review reservations for customer compliance (i.e. low fare finder, hotel follow-up, non-preferred, etc.); conduct outbound calls to obtain segment information and update reservations, including proper documentation.
- Ensure applicable and internal department databases are updated and maintained for accuracy; identify and communicate patterns to manager.
- Actively seeks out and/or participates in ongoing training conducted through various learning environments (i.e. classroom, virtual).
- Serve as general resource for travelers, and researches problems and resolves issues.
- Communicate and escalate relevant information to appropriate individuals (i.e. managers, co-workers, etc.) in a timely manner and through appropriate channels.
- Respond to travel consultant's requests regarding MCO usage and validity within service-level agreement.
- Support and advocate all Adelman policies, decisions, goals, and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Successful completion of travel certificate or secondary education.: Preferred
- 6 plus months of experience in customer service.
- Airline or travel industry experience is a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office products. Previous Sabre or other GDS experience preferred.