Are you passionate about travel? Do you want grow with a company that values its employees? Don’t you think it’s time to make a career move? If so, we invite you to explore the world at Abercrombie & Kent! Abercrombie & Kent is the world’s leading luxury travel company, combining comfort and authenticity in the greatest destinations worldwide since 1962. Our inspiring brand of travel to over 100 countries and all seven continents relies on a staff of dedicated experts — and you could be one of them!
So, why not share your passion for travel by embarking on a career journey with an industry leader still pioneering after five decades of success!
The DMC Travel Consultant is responsible for selling Abercrombie & Kent programs for A&K TOC offices, travel agents, Akorn and other third-parties.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Meet or exceed established sales goals
• Assist guests, Travel Agents and A&K staff with custom programs, cruise, pre/post accommodations
• Ensure all Travel Studio booking details are complete and accurate in accordance with department guidelines
• Maximize conversions by following up on Option Quote bookings in established timeframe
• Demonstrate competency of product knowledge
• Meet or exceed established A&K Service standards
• Collaborate with internal departments to facilitate booking process and sales
• Maintain up to date knowledge of current product offerings by reading direct mail pieces and attending regularly scheduled department meetings and training/product briefing sessions
• Assist Guest Relations on post tour issues to ensure guest satisfaction is maintained
• Make recommendations for process, procedure and technology improvements
• Sales projects as determined by management
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on telephone sales
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task •
Strong geographic, cultural and natural history knowledge of US National Parks, Alaska, California and other key destinations in North America
• Intermediate computer skills required (Microsoft Office) and ability to quickly master new technologies
• Good judgment and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Must be able to read/write/speak in English
• Foreign language skills preferred
Education and Experience
• Associate or Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent experience
• High School diploma required
• Two years travel industry experience preferred
• Sales experience preferred
• Knowledge of North American geography preferred
• International travel may be required (and maintain a current passport)
Our fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, fun work environment and excellent benefits makes A&K the place for you! If you have limited work experience but have a great work ethic, positive attitude, exposure to the travel industry and an engaging personality we would love the opportunity to talk with you!