UTC offers the most comprehensive program for new travel advisors through their MentorU Program, which customarily offers six months of personalized coaching from two experienced mentors. The first 3 months emphasizes two key areas:
- How to research travel, build itineraries, and book travel as a travel advisor, in addition to receiving guidance on how to navigate different supplier relationships and policies.
- Business development, covering everything from setting up a travel agency properly, to understanding travel regulations and E&O insurance, to designing a sustainable sales and marketing plan.
Via the MentorU Summit, Uniglobe will provide the exact same quality and thoroughness of coaching, but instead of 3 months of virtual calls, new advisors can learn all the same topics and skills from their coaches in-person over 4 days. Following the completion of the coaching event, all new travel advisors will also receive an additional 3 months of flexible coaching to aid them in implementing the skills and knowledge gained at the Summit.
This exciting event will also include a supplier showcase, as well as supplier hosted lunches.
Topics on Becoming a Successful Travel Advisor:
- Orientation to the Travel Industry – Technology & Resources | It’s Not All About You: Working with a Host Agency and its Suppliers
- Exploring Supplier Portals | Types of Travel
- VAX Vacation Access
- Destinations | Trip Planning & Price Quotes
- Booking and Role Play Activity
- Trip Proposal & Presentation | Additional Tools & Resources
- Clientbase Online, Commission, & Agent Reports
Topics on Running a Successful Travel Agency:
- Orientation to Travel Business Ownership & Management: It’s All About You: What Does it Take to Run your Own Travel Business
- Travel Advisor Best Practices
- Leisure Travel Sales | Getting Clients
- Sales, Upsell, and Customer Service
- Ensemble Travel Group Overview
- After the Sale
- Marketing Your Business & Business Goals